•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade 1209 micro-focuser with Paramount MyT

Meade mount accessories
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hyperion0001

hyperion0001

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Concord, MA

Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:42 AM

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience using a Meade 1209 microfocuser with a Paramount mount (MyT in particular if that's relevant).

I'm thinking of buying an MyT, but was curious about how to control the focuser. I can imagine using either the hand controller or a computer with the mount to move the telescope, but am having a harder time imagining adjusting the microfocuser using the computer. Since I use a DSLR to do my imaging right now, I would have to switch back and forth between the computer and the camera to adjust the microfocuser when adjusting focus using my Bahnitov mask. I'm curious how some of you out there deal with this issue.

terry

#2 Bill Dean

Bill Dean

Viking 1

• Loc: Encinitas, CA

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:42 AM

Hi Terry,

I haven't used the 1209 specifically but I do use a similar JMI relative focuser with my MX on occasion. Manually jogging the focuser via the focuser tab in TheSkyX is straightforward so you could use that approach with your mask. I don't think the automated focus approaches offered will work well, a stepper motor is a better solution in my experience but it *can* work with slower telescopes. I just haven't found it to be as reliable as with say a Moonlite where both @focus2 and @focus3 work very well.

Clear skies,
Bill

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Meade, mount, accessories

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics