•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ZWO's AISCAP Software

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fishonkevin

fishonkevin

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Michigan

Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:56 AM

I picked up a ZWO ASI120MM Mini at NEAF, essentially for guiding.  In following the recommendation/directions I downloaded the drivers and ZWO's AISCAP software for testing the camera connection.  The camera connected no problem to AISCAP.  The software AISCAP seems to have quite the capability to Capture and Guide.  I was wondering if anyone has tried it in the field?  Especially Guiding.  Thanks.

#2 jerahian

jerahian

Messenger

• Loc: Maine

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:10 AM

Hmm, last I launched ASICAP, it was just a good little image capture utility.  It definitely did not have any guiding capabilities.  I’d be surprised if ZWO spent time implementing that functionality, but I’ll have to check.  Most everyone here uses PHD2 for guiding, which will work just fine with your new camera.  You might want to stick with that to be offered the broadest help on CN if you need any.

Clear skies!

#3 fishonkevin

fishonkevin

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Michigan

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:31 AM

Thanks Ara.  I do have PHD2.  But I had to download the latest version ,2.6.6, so that it would read the new camera.  I was just curious about ASICAP.

#4 OldManSky

OldManSky

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 17 April 2019 - 11:24 AM

I installed ASICAP along with my new ASI183MM-Pro camera a couple of weeks ago.

But never ran it.

It does apparently have guiding now -- but only using an ASI camera and only using the ST-4 cable connection from the camera to the mount.

I'll stick with PHD2 :)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics