So, browsing different images on this wonderful website I came across a particular image of M13 by a fellow poster. A really beaufiful image and well processed, perhaps the best I have seen. This inspired me to rework my image of M13. My goal was to try and make mine as good as this image, not a chance! But I was still inspired nevertheless.
Using the awesome tools in Pixinsite, which I am definitely no expert. I created a Lum mask to protect the background, and stretched the image and also increased the saturation a bit. I also used Local Histogram Equalization to try and bring back some details in the core of the cluster. I used a Range mask for this process, one that protected everything but the core itself. My goal was trying to show the " propeller" in the core. I don't know how well it will show , but I like the improvement.
This was taken in my red zone backyard on Mar 25 2019
AstroTech 92Triplet F/ 5.5 AT2FF
Atik 420 osc -10c
50 bias 30 darks 30 flats
I will post the reprocessed image first. the old will follow.
Thanks for looking, Mike
Edited by elmiko, 17 April 2019 - 09:55 AM.