•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Stellarium/Stellarium Scope and my Meade Autostar telescope

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Carpo

Carpo

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:53 AM

Ok so I've got so far but now up against a brick wall and need some guidance please. The answer may be hiding in earlier posts, but I can't find it, so please excuse me for possibly repeating someone's post.

I've loaded Stellarium 0.19 - the latest version, and also Stellarium Scope on my PC. I've connected my Meade LX200 10" (G Dudash upgrade version) Autostar handset to the PC via a 20m cable with serial to USB adapter. I've followed as far as I can the instructions on the Stellarium Scope guide, and thought I was on a winner when I got my Mrs Meade to  move across the screen to a chosen star on Stellarium. I double checked outside and was pleased to see the telescope had slewed properly. You can see (maybe) on the pic that the telescope circle is annular with the object I have chosen (Bellatrix).

Now my pic was taken during the day, but I also had the same "success" last night. 

But when I checked through the eyepiece I wasn't on the star and needed to carry out an adjustment to find it and centralise.

Now I understand that there is a sync function on Stellarium Scope which I presume can enable precise centering, but I can't get this to respond and the message comes up that Stellarium Scope only functions well with Stellarium version 15.1 or earlier.

I found and downloaded a Stellarium Portable version 0.15 but this failed to even show my telescope.

So I either need to find an original version 0.15 to download, or preferably, find a way to sync when using version 0.19. So near yet so far...……….

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_5028.JPG

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics