•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sadr The Cygnus Region SHO

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 APshooter

APshooter

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: Camby, In.

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:08 AM

Yet another Rasa image from the wonderful clear gaps we've been getting this spring in between cloudy nights.  I had to stay up til dawn to capture this object.  Cygnus doesn't rise to a good height until about 430am, so I figured 40 minutes per channel would give me just enough time before sunrise to shoot Ha, Sii and Oiii.  This is just under two hours total integration time at F2.  I had a few clouds drift through when imaging the Sii channel and had to throw out 3  or 4 subs, but the Ha and Oiii channels were nice and clear.  Based on what I got from this session this region would make a really nice mosaic if i can get some time this summer to really spend on it.  We're still in galaxy season and narrowband objects are limited to short sessions right after dusk or just before dawn.  I stacked the image in APP and used channel integration, TVGDenoise and MMT in PI with the final color balance in PSCC's camera raw filter.  I tried one again to use the Mure denoise script but the image breaks apart badly, so I'm not sure what's going on there.  At any rate, I was happy with the way this turned out and am really looking forward to doing more imaging this summer!

get.jpg?insecure

Attached Thumbnails

• Sadr Final 4 CN.jpg

• zjc26138, nofxrx, dark sky newbie and 6 others like this

#2 Vassar1976

Vassar1976

Vendor - Voyager Astro Imaging Software

• Vendors
  • Loc: Raleigh, NC

Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:41 AM

Dramatic colors and that's a lot of detail for 2 hours integration - congrats!

Rowland

#3 APshooter

APshooter

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: Camby, In.

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:31 AM

Thanks Rowland  :)

#4 md11spotter98

md11spotter98

Explorer 1

• Loc: Coral Springs, FL (home) Charlottesville, VA (college)

Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:21 PM

Beautiful image!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics