•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Explore scientific 127 T adapter

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stargazingskydiver

Stargazingskydiver

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:09 PM

Hello all!

This is my first post on here after lurking for months. I've recently picked up an es127 after using a William optics Z61 for a while. I tried to thread the T adapter from the z61 onto the 127 but it seems to be too small to fit. I'm curious what specific t ring I will need for the 127 to attatch my canon dslr. I also plan on using the recommended .7x focal reducer/flattener with this scope in the future. Will I need a different t ring or will the same one work with the adapter? It would be great if someone who images with this same scope could chime in on how they put together their set up. Thanks in advance!

#2 Astronomy4You

Astronomy4You

Vendor - Astronomy4You

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Orange County CA

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:14 AM

I just use the T adapter on a 2" tube and insert into the focuser like a diagonal. I have not tried to attach it directly to the focuser. While I have a FR for the 127, I have yet to try to use it.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics