As you get involved in this hobby you will have more stuff to carry, to put down and to find. Here are some ideas to help.
Lighted pens for taking observing notes. - I have these
Table in a bag - I have something similar
I have this dual stalk red light. Clip it on the table or the hatch of my SUV, one pointing to the ground and one into the back of the car.
Let's take this to the next step.
My actively used accessories, things I take to most observing sessions, live in an empty cat litter bucket (yes, we have a cat)
https://www.amazon.c...t litter bucket
I grab my telescope, my observing chair and the bucket and I am set for then night. Might grab the table too. Might take two trips depending on which scope I take.
Bottom of the bucket has a foam pad to soften the ride for the things I carry but generally the bucket is handled gently and not bounced around. In this bucket lives:
- 10X50 binoculars
- Baader Hyperion 8-24 zoom - bolt case
- 2" GSO Barlow - box
- 2” 38 mm Agena Astro 70 degree eyepiece – box
- 2” 20 mm Meade 5000 UWA 82 degree eyepiece – box
- 12V adapter cord for my GoTo scopes
- Hand control for whatever scope I am using that night if I plan to use the computer feature
- Spare AA, 9V and button batteries
- eye patch
- reading glasses with neck strap
- Dual stalk clip on red light
- Clipboard with notebook and paper for observing reports
- Red lighted pen and regular pencils and pens
- Bright Star Atlas 2000
- Orion Moon chart
Also in the bucket is my Orion Eyepiece Belt Case - below is what is in the case - I find it very handy.
https://www.amazon.c...piece belt case
- 1.25" 2X barlow
- 1.25” 2.5X barlow
- Celestron 8-24 mm zoom
- 1.25” ES 82 degree 14, 8.8 and 6.7 mm
- 1.25” Meade 5000 82 degree 5.5 mm
- 6 colored filters
- 2 moon filters
- 1 Skyglow filter
- 1 Nebula
- 1 OIII filter
- 1 Red flashlight
- Lens cleaning cloth
When I don't bring the table out the bucket sits next to me and my observing pad and clip board are rested on the bucket between notes.