•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First light with an Old Scope

astrophotography collimation EAA
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JP50515

JP50515

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:00 PM

So after a 2 year hiatus, I've finally been able to piece together a semi-new astronomy/AP rig. 

A couple years back I had to sell my mount and have not been able to afford a new one until recently, a new in the "open box" EQ6-R Pro. 

Last night I finally had everything I needed, and clear skies, so I took the opportunity to get out on the scope for the first time in two years.

After so long I was a bit concerned I'd forget how to run it all but I was able to get my scope decently collimated during the afternoon, get the guide and main scopes pointing at the same target, get the mount polar aligned, and spend a bit of time doing de-focused star tests, and cruising around on the moon with my old guide cam (ASI 120mm) hooked up to the primary scope. 

All in all, not a bad first light with my old SW 130P-DS!

Attached Thumbnails

• Moon 2.jpg
  • Moon 1.jpg
  • Collimation.jpg

• BFaucett, clusterbuster, zakry3323 and 2 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, collimation, EAA

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics