•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How to attach QHY163m to telescope?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dwight J

Dwight J

Gemini

• topic starter
  • Loc: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:32 AM

I just ordered this camera but it is not clear how it goes into a telescope.  There is a 2” afapter in box but no picture of it and the picture I could find shows a shallow item less than 1/2” deep.  I was hoping there would be a 11/4” accessory as well.  For those that have this camera, how are you coupling it to the scope/focuser?  I am not planning to purchase the filter wheel and OAG right now.

Edited by Dwight J, 20 April 2019 - 12:32 AM.

#2 Crashcourse

Crashcourse

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:51 AM

I just ordered this camera but it is not clear how it goes into a telescope.  There is a 2” afapter in box but no picture of it and the picture I could find shows a shallow item less than 1/2” deep.  I was hoping there would be a 11/4” accessory as well.  For those that have this camera, how are you coupling it to the scope/focuser?  I am not planning to purchase the filter wheel and OAG right now.

It has M42 x 0.75 threads, attach any M42 adapter you wish.

#3 Crashcourse

Crashcourse

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:59 AM

It has M42 x 0.75 threads, attach any M42 adapter you wish.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5133.jpg

#4 Dwight J

Dwight J

Gemini

• topic starter
  • Loc: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:06 PM

Oh, ok.  Thanks.  I think I have an inch and a quarter one that threads inti my T-ring.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics