•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

oag quality and camera senitivity

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iwols

iwols

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: doncaster uk

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:30 PM

hi all after problems with my oag just thought i would start a new topic,is there a difference in the quality of oag(ie do some let more star light through to the camera) and what is a good sensitive camera to use (better than a qhy5 ii) i need some advice desperately

#2 gotak

gotak

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Toronto, CA

Posted 20 April 2019 - 07:32 PM

The 174 series of cameras is one of the best right now for OAG.

The larger OAG like the celestron ones claim to not only having a prism but also mirrored surface on the back of the prism to increase transmission. Don't know if that actually makes a difference but the celestron prism is one of the biggest and combined with the large sensor in the 174 means a larger field of view and higher likelihood of finding a guide star.

#3 Walleye

Walleye

Mariner 2

• Loc: Washington, PA

Posted 20 April 2019 - 09:30 PM

I have ZWO OAG with ASI290MM... Use with 3048mm and ED127CF... Never a problem.

#4 gotak

gotak

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Toronto, CA

Posted 20 April 2019 - 09:42 PM

One thing to note is that PHD2 dev have said before that ideally your guide camera image scale should be below 0.5 arc-sec per pixel as their algorithms are not designed for smaller scale.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics