•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Nexdome Door Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 th3r3ds0x

th3r3ds0x

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: SE Louisiana

Posted 20 April 2019 - 07:02 PM

Got my Nexdome in and almost completely assembled but I’m baffled by the door hinges and how they are supposed to be installed. There is no install info in the sad excuse for assembly instructions. The low res picture of a completed Nexdome on their site shows that the hinges are inside (can only see what looks like either the nuts or screw heads visible from the outside). I thought a nice long holiday weekend would be the best opportunity to assemble this but I’m stuck with no where to turn. Also the picture in the “picture pages” of the door shows to slays of metal bolted to the inside in an X pattern. I received no such items with my kit and I’m wondering if it’s a design change or if I was shorted. The manual has no info at all on how they are installed but does show them in one picture on the door page. My door has no predrilled holes for their attachment if I had received them. Any info someone may have would be of great help. I’ve searched the net to no avail.

Thanks!!

#2 leeasle

leeasle

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: East Texas, U.S.

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:15 PM

Been about a year since I've installed, but here are a few pictures I just took, starting to get dark here. I didn't get any metal straps either, eventually installed one screen door anti-sag brace, maybe add another some day. I also cut a metal strip for the inside hinge to stiffen it up a bit. 

Maybe this will help a bit.

Lynn

Attached Thumbnails

• Dome_Outside.jpg
  • Dome_Inside.jpg_2.jpg
  • Dome_Inside.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics