•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron 6.3 and 2 inch diagonal

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MikeHC8

MikeHC8

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 April 2019 - 08:41 AM

Good morning everyone and happy Easter, I made a purchase for the above items and they work great for my application.  I have a question I put on the 6.3 F reducer and when installing my 2 inch diagonal it turns approximately 5/8  to 3/4 of a turn before it stops.  It is secure and doesn't move but I would like to if this is normal with anyone else.  I have just put the diagonal on my C-8 and it turns about 1 1/2 turns before it stops.

Thank you for any input.

#2 vkhastro1

vkhastro1

Apollo

• Loc: Vankleek Hill, Ontario, Canada

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:10 AM

Please describe your 2" diagonal.

Which brand is it?

Is it the SCT version which threads directly on the rear threads on your C8?

#3 Gary Z

Gary Z

Apollo

• Loc: New Mexico

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:28 AM

vkhastro1's question is very good  as it doesn't assume anything.  That being said if it is an SCT, then you should get more of a turn than that.  I have a C8, F6/3 focal reducer and a HPS 2 inch diagonal.  The focal reducer threads on the back of the sct, then the diagonal.  Not sure how many turns but it is considerable.  Look to see if there are any burrs on the threads.  Run a cloth on the threads to see if the cloth gets snagged when moving around the threads.  If it does, then you can clean it up using a brush or if need be an emery cloth.  

Gary

#4 MikeHC8

MikeHC8

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for respond, they are both Celestron products, and yes has the threads in the back.

Mike

Edited by MikeHC8, 21 April 2019 - 11:45 AM.

#5 Lola Bruce

Lola Bruce

Apollo

• Loc: Southern California

Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:47 AM

Sounds like the wrong thread pitch. Get a metric thread pitch gauge and check. They are cheap and eyepieces are not.

Bruce

#6 AxelB

AxelB

Apollo

• -----

Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:50 PM

My Celestron f6.3 reducer takes many turns to screw at the back of my C8.

Then if I use the sct attachment on my Baader T2 diagonal to screw it to the refucer, once again it takes more than one full turn.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics