•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EQ 8 Hex Nut broken

eq mount
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Francois Roca

Francois Roca

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:53 AM

Hi everyone,

I broke my EQ8 mount Hex nut that holds the clamp around the central post . The other one is somewhat blocked. I was having more and more tight problem and went to strong on it, forcing it to unscrew as it was blocked and broke it !!!! I could manage until today but now broken so need to replace. 

anyone would have similar issue and solution? How can I get a replacement screw?

thanks for the help.

cheers

francois j

#2 DLuders

DLuders

Gemini

• Loc: Spokane, WA

Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:57 AM

McMaster-Carr in the USA has a great selection of fasteners --  https://www.mcmaster.com/

#3 Francois Roca

Francois Roca

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:12 AM

McMaster-Carr in the USA has a great selection of fasteners -- https://www.mcmaster.com/

#4 Francois Roca

Francois Roca

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:14 AM

Thanks Dluders, unfortunately I don’t live in the states and I would rather get a genuine spare part from’ skywatcher. Anybody else encountered this problem ?
Thanks

#5 rkayakr

rkayakr

Apollo

• Loc: Northeast Ohio

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:57 AM

Never had a problem with my EQ8. The fasteners rust immediately, but I have always been able to tighten and loosen.

I'm not clear on what broke. Is this the lock on azimuth or elevation?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eq, mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics