•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Cone and Fox Fur nebulae

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 roofkid

roofkid

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:49 AM

Hi everyone,

so as you may have heard Chilescope did an astroimage editing contest a while back. Unfortunately I was so busy at the time that I could not enter it, however I still want to share my results with you. I have to say that this was one of the easiest datasets I have ever worked with. Having no light pollution really is such a benefit to color imaging, it's insane. Let's hope I find more ways to do color imaging in less light pollution in the future. If only remote imaging were not so darn expensive compared to owning a setup.

get.jpg?insecure

On that note I also want to wish you all "Happy Easter" if you celebrate it :)

Cheers from Germany,

Sven

• H-Alfa, Joe G, psandelle and 13 others like this

#2 Astroman007

Astroman007

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Northern Ontario, Canada

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:15 PM

Stunningly beautiful! waytogo.gif

• roofkid likes this

#3 lynnelkriver

lynnelkriver

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Elk River, Mn.

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:57 PM

Oh my Sven, just an amazing image!  Scott

• roofkid likes this

#4 jhayes_tucson

jhayes_tucson

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Bend, OR

Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:21 PM

Nice one Sven!  Yeah, starting with good data really helps right from the get go.  Remote imaging AND owning your own stuff is really crazy expensive.  That's where joining a team to share a remote scope starts to make more sense...at least for a lot of folks.

John

• roofkid likes this

#5 elmiko

elmiko

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Arizona

Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:06 PM

Nice processing Sven! The dry and dark Atacama desert?

• roofkid likes this

#6 roofkid

roofkid

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:16 AM

Thank you Martin, Scott, John and elmiko for your kind comments :) I appreciate you taking the time to write something as well as all the people who liked the post.

John, I can imagine, especially since you already have pretty expensive equipment from the get-go. I calculated it a few times with renting something in Spain and even if the rental cost would be semi-ok it is the ~10.000k € mount I cannot see myself buying for a really remote setup. I hear you about sharing a setup though. I will look into this more. One other thing is also deterring me: There is some kind of zen attached for me to actually setting up all my equipment, seeing it working out there on my balcony every night I image. If I mentally imagine just getting up in the morning and downloading some data from someplace I think something would be lost for me.

elmiko, well not really. It's far from the Atacama, but it is located in the Chilenian Andes. Have a look at their site for more details: http://www.chilescop...out/chilescope/

• elmiko and jpbutler like this

#7 Terry R

Terry R

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Australia

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:29 AM

That's very nice.  Real telescopes have diffraction spikes waytogo.gif

• roofkid likes this

#8 roofkid

roofkid

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:50 PM

Thanks so much Terry, had to laugh a little about your comment on diffraction spikes :D

#9 Terry R

Terry R

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Australia

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:51 PM

Thanks so much Terry, had to laugh a little about your comment on diffraction spikes laugh.gif

Cheers.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics