•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Really remote imaging

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CharlesW

CharlesW

Long time member

• ***--
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Chula Vista, CA

Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:33 PM

My wife and I bought a Class A motor home back in January and have been expanding our range from our house in Chula Vista, bit by bit. Today we left for two weeks to travel through mid and southern Arizona.

About four hours is all we want to drive in a day so that got us to Dateland. They have a great souvenir store here but that’s about it for the town. Maybe that is the town. There is no over-the-air television of any sort. But, there is a giant telecommunications tower festooned with various antennas about two hundred yards from the coach. We are getting a primo LTE signal. Good enough for me to hotspot my laptop off my iPhone to connect to my obs at GMARS over its satellite internet link using Team Viewer. I was able to set up an imaging run with TSX, CCD Nav and AP and get my roof open. I’m hoping I’ll have enough bandwidth to Blink my stuff in the morning, because we leave for Tombstone and I’m not at all sure what that will bring. 

• FOUNTAIN1 likes this

#2 OldManSky

OldManSky

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:14 AM

How the world has changed...

Parked in a motor home in the middle of nowhere, and you're controlling/operating a complex computerized observatory as if you were there.

Safe travels, Charles :)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics