•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

iOptron CEM60: can't update firmware for the main board

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sumpfmaus

Sumpfmaus

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:38 AM

Hello,

as mentioned above I have some problems with my CEM60. Because of some issues with the connection to some programmes i wanted to reinstalle all firmware. I could successfuly install the firmware for DEC and RA but when I want to "update" the firmware for the main board the Upgrade Utility programm says: Connection failed. Can someone help me out?

Jan

Edit: I tried to update again but now the programm cant open the com port despite having a connection between the mount and my laptop. I'm even able to slew the mount with the iOptron Commander. Another thing: when I plug in the RS232 to USB converter my device manager always says that the port is com 4 even when I change the USB port. Ohh and I'm using Windows 10.

Edited by Sumpfmaus, 24 April 2019 - 01:49 AM.

#2 gotak

gotak

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Toronto, CA

Posted 24 April 2019 - 05:46 AM

You did start the upgrade program with the mount off right? For the main board it's off, start program and tell it to go, then turn on the mount.

#3 Sumpfmaus

Sumpfmaus

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 April 2019 - 12:43 PM

I thought I did so but apparently not. It worked now thank you.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics