•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Portland XII Alt-Az Workshop announcement

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hbanich

hbanich

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Sandy, Oregon

Posted 24 April 2019 - 05:56 PM

Attached is the announcement for the 12th annual Portland Alt-Az Workshop to be held this August 9 through 11. 

I'm the chair of this event, so if you want to attend or have any questions please send me a PM.

The agenda is filling up, and we should end up with another excellent program of speakers. If you have a topic you'd like to present, let me know that as well and I'll try to slot you into the agenda.

Should be another fun and informative workshop!

Attached Files

• pao and Augustus like this

#2 petert913

petert913

Gemini

• Loc: Portland, OR

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:11 PM

should be a great event. I have friends coming all the way from New Mexico to attend

#3 Jack Day

Jack Day

Mariner 2

• Loc: Wenatchee, WA

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:03 PM

Hi Howard,

Several of us from Wenatchee are considering this.  The only real issue I see is that it is planned one week after OSP and TMSP.  Two events on back to back weekends is hard for most of us to accomodate.  Since I help with the programs at TMSP I am there the weekend before as well.  For me 3 weekeds in a row is likely going to prevent me from attending.

In the future, is there any way the dates could perhaps be adjusted not to coincide with weekends before/after the major NW star parties?

Thanks

Jack Day

#4 hbanich

hbanich

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:24 PM

Hi Jack,

We've always tried to hold the workshop on a weekend nearest full moon, but this year we went a week earlier because of other attendees schedules. Hopefully we'll return to a weekend nearer full moon next year. I understand how difficult it would be for you to attend this year - but I hope you can come anyway!

#5 Jack Day

Jack Day

Mariner 2

• Loc: Wenatchee, WA

Posted 28 May 2019 - 03:01 PM

Thanks Howard, that's good to know.  

One of my buddies and I both have large 3/4" tabletops that we want to cut into smaller blanks then slump.  I used to do some tre-panning, but that is pretty time consuming.  We would like to find someone to waterjet cut them into a varity of sizes up to maybe 24 inches...  Then comes learning how to slump the blanks!  Or, perhaps finding someone who has already mastered to process to do it if the price is right!

Then the hard part starts!

#6 hbanich

hbanich

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:57 PM

We had a wonderfully productive workshop and for those that couldn't attend I've posted almost all the presentations of the Portland XII Alt-Az Workshop here:

https://sites.google...banich-homepage

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics