•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tele Vue Blog: Does it spark joy?

refractor tripod solar optics moon mount equipment Maksutov dso classic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stars4jon

Stars4jon

Vendor (TeleVue)

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Orange Co., NY

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:17 AM

My wife had been after me for many years to tidy up our cluttered storeroom of the numerous Japanese t

elescopes, mounts, eyepieces, etc., that I’ve accumulated over 20 years living in Japan.

Think of Marie Kondo, she told me, the famed Japanese decluttering guru, whom she frequently quotes.

“Does it spark joy?” If not, get rid of it. Usually, it’s clothes, backpacks, old computers, electronic tablets, etc.

But this time, when she was unable to go into our storage room without bumping into my old SP-DX and

Vixen Custom-D alt-azimuth mounts, it was time to declutter.I went through all my various old Takahashi,

Vixen, Borg and other older Japanese makers of 60mm refractors with the former 0.965″ eyepiece standard.

None sparked joy in me. But one scope did: my old brass Tele Vue Renaissance, which resides proudly in

our living room.

What Tele Vue item sparks joy for you? Which one do lament selling? Let us know in the comments below.

Does it spark joy?

Barry’s Brass Ranger on Tele Vue table-top Walnut Executive Mount. (Contact Tele Vue if interested in the mount.)

Image © Barry Kawa with all rights reserved.

Attached Thumbnails

• RangerOnExecMount_w700p.jpg

Edited by Stars4jon, 25 April 2019 - 11:23 AM.

• Tyson M and Astroman007 like this

#2 Berny

Berny

Mariner 2

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:49 AM

I love those tabletop alt-az mounts lol.gif

#3 Astroman007

Astroman007

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Northern Ontario, Canada

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:46 PM

I much regret selling my first Tele Vue products: a lovely TV-60 equipped with a 13mm Ethos on a Tele-Pod mount and tripod.

I love my new (old) TV-85 on a Tele Vue wood tripod (ash or walnut, can't tell), encoder-equipped mount, old Starbeam, 6:1 micro focuser, 2" diagonal, .8x reducer / flattener, and 20mm Plossle! waytogo.gif

Can't wait for the next clear evening to try it out.

• Stars4jon likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: refractor, tripod, solar, optics, moon, mount, equipment, Maksutov, dso, classic

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics