•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CEM120 Polar Alignment

mount EAA astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Michaeljhogan

Michaeljhogan

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:53 PM

I finally got my mount up and running but i dont really want to pay just to polar align the mount once

on a pier i have sharpcap pro and a cheap QHY5-II colour planetary camera lying around brand new

that i never ended up using.

I bought two new Intel NUC8i5BEK i5-8259U with 16 GB and ACER 24 inch 1080p IPS montitor

I have no clue how to use the Ioptron Polar Align sortware im too use to Celestron

Attached Thumbnails

• 58698635_10216747688698110_38995970880438272_n.jpg

• starbob1 and lonelyranger like this

#2 checkitout

checkitout

Vostok 1

Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:49 PM

Download Polar Scope Align app for your phone. They cover several different polar scopes including Ioptron. That's what I used when I had my 45Pro

ed

#3 rgsalinger

rgsalinger

Aurora

• Moderators
  • Loc: Carlsbad Ca

Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:35 PM

Download a copy of PEMPRO. It's free for 60 days and use it to align your mount. If you don't like it then just let the license expire. I love it and bought it about 5 years ago. Comes in handy once a year when I want to re-align my system or when setting up someone elses system. Works without a view of the sky around Polaris.

Rgrds-Ross

#4 Chuckwagon

Chuckwagon

Viking 1

• Loc: Orem, Utah, USA

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:07 PM

If you have Sharpcap and a camera, you have all you need.  Just follow the instructions on-screen and you're good.  You can ignore the polar alignment routine in the hand controller.  Once you have your PA set, just do the regular alignment for goto and you're done.

Enjoy the new mount.  :)

• Dynan likes this

#5 gotak

gotak

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Toronto, CA

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:49 PM

Don't use the iOptron iterate alignment routine unless they fixed it. When I tried before it never converged a solution. When I asked I got a quick response but no real solution. Luckily I could if I moved the setup a few feet back get polaris over my roof.

They are a strange beast this company, there are very good parts about them and there are just bits where they are very good at not giving a flying copulation.

• psandelle and Michaeljhogan like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mount, EAA, astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics