•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

What 12v lead for Intel NUC8i5BEK i5-8259U

CMOS EAA
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Michaeljhogan

Michaeljhogan

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:05 PM

I just got two Intel NUC8i5BEK i5-8259U with 16 GB for my CEM120 mount and Windows 10 Pro

but the 12v leads that im using keep causing the NUC yellow light to flash then power off.

The i used my 12v 5ah lead off my mount which was a bit better the 19v leads they gave are the

wrong plugs i got a cheap Acer 1080p IPS 24 inch monitor so i can do EAA anybody tell me

what leads your using.

#2 kenkolen

kenkolen

Vostok 1

• Loc: Miami

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:22 PM

Just measure the length and width of the barrel that takes care of two measurements, then it should be an easy guess on the pin diameter.
But my concern is the 19 volts? I use a mini pc and I was careful to get a 12 volt.
I just looked yours up and it must run on 19 volts, you can get a step up transformer from 12 to 19 volts.
Or buy a simpler mini pc, it doesn't have to be Intel I5 either the newer Celeron quad core processors use less current and mine runs sweet!

#3 dswtan

dswtan

Explorer 1

• Loc: Morgan Hill, CA

Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:15 PM

I have the previous generation, NUC7. The power adapter is 19V as the previous poster mentioned. The socket on the NUC has the same diameter as the familiar 12V plugs we are all familiar with (5.5mm), but the central pin is thicker. It's designed that way to specifically stop what you're trying to do, i.e. use a 12V lead rather than what's for the correct 19V. 

If you're trying to be remote with a 12V set-up, I can't help there. But if you have access to household power, then just get the correct adapter. This is the exact one that came bundled with my NUC7, and probably fits yours too:
https://smile.amazon...dp/B079X3JN44/ 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CMOS, EAA

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics