•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Portland XII Alt-Az Workshop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gregj888

gregj888

Vanguard

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Oregon

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:59 PM

August 9 – August 11, 2019 Portland, Oregon

The 12th annual Portland Alt-Az Workshop will be held Saturday August 10 and Sunday August 11 at Dan Gray's TMS plant. An informal BBQ on Friday evening, August 9 will also be held at TMS.

BBQ’s will also be available for Saturday lunch and dinner.

The Alt-Az Workshop has brought together advanced amateurs, professional telescope makers and astronomers in a unique and informal collaboration with the goal of adapting technologies currently used in the world’s largest telescopes for low cost, high performance 1.0 to 2.0-meter amateur telescopes.

We’ve had several notable successes, including Dan Gray’s Direct Drive controller and the continuing accomplishments of Mel Bartels and David Davis in slumping, grinding, polishing, and figuring sub f/3 large aperture meniscus mirrors. Lisa Brodhacker’s ongoing work on spin cast epoxy mirrors is also continuing to show promise. We’ll have an update on the exciting method of spray silvering astronomical mirrors as well as a treatment that greatly increases the life span of these inexpensive but high-performance silver coatings.

The setting is casual. There will be plenty of opportunities to directly contribute to the agenda, or conversationally in small groups.

PM me if you want more information and I'll get you in touch with management...

• Oregon-raybender, Augustus and drneilmb like this

#2 555aaa

555aaa

Vendor (Xerxes Scientific)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Lynnwood, WA, USA

Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:32 PM

Thanks Greg I'll msg you. Glad to see this continuing.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics