•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mod 3 NV and afocal observing

NV
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gavster

Gavster

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:50 AM

I understand that the tnvc afocal adapter can be used with a mod 3 with an envis lens since the envis lens has the same thread as the pvs-14. However, given that envis lens are not very difficult to source do the other available len (eg computar?) also have the right thread for the tnvc adapter?

#2 jdbastro

jdbastro

Viking 1

• Loc: F'd up Sanctuary State

Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:12 AM

It is unlikely that any lens other than the PVS-14/ENVIS 27mm/f1.2 (1X) lens would fit the afocal adapter.

But, if you can measure the threads on your existing front lens on your NV device, you can likely convince Ashley Stevens at Precise Parts to machine you a top quality adapter to mate your front lens to the TNVC part.

• Gavster likes this

#3 nimitz69

nimitz69

Viking 1

• Loc: A barrier island 18 miles south of Cocoa Beach

Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:00 PM

You will need a Precision Parts adapter ...I had a couple of Computar lens before I sourced an ENVIS lens and the adapter would not thread on any of them ....

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics