I recently went from an Canon 50Da to an ASI294MC Pro camera and learning how to use this thing. I'm impressed with the details I get with it, and very pleased so far, but not understanding how to get color.
- APT for capturing
- ASCOM Driver for ASI camera
- In ASCOM, tried both unity gain setting as well as HDR.
- Monbin is unchecked
- I take the photos an try processing them with Siril in Linux. I've used Siril a lot with the DSLR and got great results.
- I open the .fit files in Siril
- Convert with Debayer checked
- I do have the RGGB set in Settings with VNG for Debayer interpolation
- Unchecked "bayer from header" since APT didn't seem to have that, but either way it does the same thing.
- Convert and do the usual pre-processing registration and stacking.
- The final image comes out with RGB channels.
- Flipping through them the Red and blue are identical, and the green is the only different one.
- Processing in Startools, there is no way to pull out any colors.
I tried imaging a tree a mile away and got the same results.
Ideas or suggestions?
Edited by Tom Gwilym, 27 April 2019 - 06:00 PM.