•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

RTMC attendees what are you doing for Memorial weekend now that no star party?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tony_spina

tony_spina

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: So. Cal.

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:36 PM

I would be thinking about RTMC this time of the year. Now that's no longer during the Memorial weekend I'm kind of at a loss.

I have been doing RTMC this time of the year for so many years that it feels like something is missing.   Yeah I could go star gazing by myself,  but it won't be the same.

What are you all going to do?  I know that we will have RTMC in September but that is a long way off and who knows if it will be the same?

#2 Astro-Master

Astro-Master

Messenger

• ****-

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:03 PM

RTMC has been on the decline for years.  I remember years ago when Celestron had things stolen from their truck, a year or so later they stopped coming to RTMC.  Then NEAF got popular and most of the vendors went there instead.  Sorry to say its not been the same since.

#3 tony_spina

tony_spina

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:53 PM

I don’t think we will ever see the 1000+ crowds of years past, but even with 400-500 or so that still come it’s good to have that many like minded folks together to hang out with

• Mikefp and Censustaker like this

#4 Alex McConahay

Alex McConahay

Cosmos

• Loc: Moreno Valley, CA

Posted 03 May 2019 - 01:42 PM

The Riverside club is having their regular monthly star party the NEXT weekend after memorial day....GMARS is a good place to be. No RTMC but lots of observing. 

Alex

#5 tony_spina

tony_spina

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 04 May 2019 - 03:09 PM

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately I have family plans I can't get out of participating 

#6 Matthew Ota

Matthew Ota

Hmmm

• -----
  • Loc: Phoenix, Arizona

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:54 PM

What to do Memorial Day weekends? Watch the Indianapolis 500 race on TV!

#7 MartinC

MartinC

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Grand Terrace, CA

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:30 PM

Good thing we were not in Big Bear this Memorial Day - the weather was terrible. This year, start a new tradition and come join us September 19 - 22. Better weather is likely. We're going to celebrate Apollo 11 with NASA's Jerry Blackburn who worked on all the manned space missions.

Martin

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics