•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Oberwerk 20 X 80 Deluxe III ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dakota1

Dakota1

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Burson, Ca.

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:05 PM

Not to far away I will be getting a good pair of excellent binoculars. I have had lots of different scopes  SCTs, Refractors,  Reflectors in the past 25 years. A few years ago had several physical major problems and I had to sell everything off scopes eyepieces  mounts etc. So now a few years now I want to get back in astronomy on a lot smaller scale. I am looking at two binoculars The Oberwerk 20 X 80s III. I know binoculars will never replace quality scopes I once had. So what I would like to know of these to binos I know I can handle which one do you feel would you recommend and why?  I do not have to have DSO binos. I think I am more interested in all kinds star clusters open and globular Clusters, Galaxies, nebulas and some planets not a must have some of the Messier objects that are in the viewing range. I would like to have your opinion on what ever I end up with I will also get a tripod to match the binos.

All feedback will be greatly appreciated. Its took me about a year to get to this point.

Thanks    Bill

Edited by Dakota1, 10 May 2019 - 08:46 PM.

#2 TL2101

TL2101

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Northern California

Posted 10 May 2019 - 09:17 PM

I chose the Oberwerk 20 x 80 Deluxe III model over the 25 x 100 Deluxe because I wanted the wider field of view and they are triplet objectives and were less weight.  I mounted them on the Oberwerk tr3 custom-built hardwood tripod using the Farpoint UBM (Universal Binocular Mount). 

Here is my first light thread. https://www.cloudyni...ii-first-light/

Edited by TL2101, 10 May 2019 - 09:51 PM.

#3 SandyHouTex

SandyHouTex

Soyuz

• Loc: Houston, Texas, USA

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:45 AM

I chose the Oberwerk 20 x 80 Deluxe III model over the 25 x 100 Deluxe because I wanted the wider field of view and they are triplet objectives and were less weight.  I mounted them on the Oberwerk tr3 custom-built hardwood tripod using the Farpoint UBM (Universal Binocular Mount). 

Here is my first light thread. https://www.cloudyni...ii-first-light/

I own the Deluxe IIIs and they’re my most used binos.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics