Hello friends ( also special our dear GALAKUMA ),
in the past I have looked at this picture in the 1968 ASTRO catalog again and again.....it has a strange kind of miracle for me:
1. see the missing counterweight shaft and weight of the prominent pictured model R102 ( 108/1600 mm refractor )
2. most of these telescope were so adjusted that it seems, these people want to observe an terestical object ?
3. some parts of the picture seems to be retouched (?)
4. why these people met on such a bad terrain for installing a telescope ? Looks like a little hill....
5. is this perhaps a kind of "showroom photo"; means: was this photo only taken to show the productline of the ASTRO company ???
I can not understand japanese, there is a legend under the picture. Maybe one can read it ?
kind regards, Michael
Edited by AaronM, 11 May 2019 - 09:38 AM.