•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ClickLock on an AR102

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 David Moulton

David Moulton

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: Utah

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:41 PM

I'm thinking about getting a Baader Clicklock for my Explore Scientific AR102. I like the scope, but I fight with the eyepiece holder. 

I'm not sure which size will work, if any. It seems like an M56 might be the right size, but I can't find anything to confirm that. Does anyone know for sure if there is a version of the Clicklock that will work? If all else fails I know there is a universal version that fits into the existing holder. I'd rather not use that one if I don't have to.

#2 markb

markb

Explorer 1

• Loc: Long Island; in transition to Arizona

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:08 AM

I use Baader clicklocks on everything, and with any kinds of adapters attached to focusers I have been using threaded adapters whenever possible. The slip ins are great, but I would always prefer theaded.

IIRC the M56 clicklocks fit the semi-standard skywatcher-synta-vixen clone externally threaded refractor focusers. Some old reflector syntas and vixen oversize focuser tube focusers use an internal M63 thread.

The ES scopes are different. Agena lists the M54x.75 for some/many ES scopes
https://agenaastro.c...rs-2956253.html

Agena is unusually good in responding to emails, never tried calling, and they shoud know.

You can get started with a digital caliper, or even a cleanly marked mm ruler. For male threads measure across, carefully. M threads are usually about .2-.25mm less than the thread size, so a synta focuser measures about 55.8 or so to the greatest diameter of the threads. Doing the wrap-around circumference measurement, divided by 3.14159 works too.

#3 David Moulton

David Moulton

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: Utah

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:18 AM

I heard back from ES. It is an M54. Now to decide if I want to spend $100.

Edited by David Moulton, 17 May 2019 - 12:19 AM.

#4 markb

markb

Explorer 1

• Loc: Long Island; in transition to Arizona

Posted Yesterday, 08:52 PM

Worth the money.

Or post a want ad, they usualy work.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics