•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New Ts 102 F/7 apo refractor

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#26 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: Eeklo,Belgium

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:59 PM

Carlos,

I can go to 120x and even a bit more on the moon with my 70 mm F6 with FPL51. So i don't think it will be a problem to get to at least 150x with a 102 mm F/7 ED doublet with FPL51.

That 102 mm F/7 with FPL51 doublet really looks nice too, it is a nice scope

#27 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:53 AM

Hey not to get off topic but how do you like that mount?
I have my Tak fc100df on mine and it’s a little shaky.

Tightening some screw helps also..grin.gif  i unscrew it almost completely today and the most shaking came from the big  washer and screw  under the horizontal worm gear, i tighten it and it is now even steadier..

#28 nakiazaki

nakiazaki

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:33 AM

Fit and finish is exquisite, with a retractable dewcap which can be set with 3 small hex screws

Hi,

Congratulations! I'm really interested on this scope and most probably will buy one in the next months. How do you mean dewshield can be set with screws? Is it about tightness of the cap? I always imagined this dewcap can be moved without any instruments, but if it's only about to fine setting of its stiffness, that would make sense for me.

Cheers

#29 nakiazaki

nakiazaki

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 06 January 2020 - 07:31 AM

Even there was no answer to my question, I have ordered this scope from Teleskop Service. I expect to have it delivered in February, so I'll come back after that with my experiences. Clear skies!

• F.Meiresonne and eros312 like this

#30 astro42

astro42

Mariner 2

• ****-
  • Loc: Alberta,Canada

Posted 06 January 2020 - 10:30 AM

I was looking at one of the TS 125mm refractors but had concerns if there was an issue with the scope what is there warranty return policy like.

Shipping a telescope back to Europe could be costly and a big headache.

Edited by astro42, 06 January 2020 - 10:31 AM.

#31 Mihai

Mihai

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Romania,Sibiu

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:02 PM

Hi everybody,

I bought a new scope. Because i like my recently 70 mm F/6 scope with FPL 51 that much i decide to go up to a 102 mm.

Is this your 70mm f/6 refractor?

https://www.teleskop...AP-Focuser.html

How do you like it?

#32 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:00 PM

When checking for false color at low magnifications, have you centered the part you're looking at? Eyepieces can very easily introduce lateral color that can fringe the Moon, if you've centered the Moon at low power and keep it there, while looking at the limb. 

Clear skies!
Thomas, Denmark

indeed my mistake,..because it is definately lateral color....

#33 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:05 PM

Is this your 70mm f/6 refractor?

https://www.teleskop...AP-Focuser.html

How do you like it?

no it is thisone

https://www.astrosho...ab_bar_0_select

Fine scope, for visual, well build , some CA not by much;Can very well used in daylight.

For AP not well suited

#34 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:08 PM

Hi,

Congratulations! I'm really interested on this scope and most probably will buy one in the next months. How do you mean dewshield can be set with screws? Is it about tightness of the cap? I always imagined this dewcap can be moved without any instruments, but if it's only about to fine setting of its stiffness, that would make sense for me.

Cheers

Yes. you can move the dewcap without instruments, but i might slight down, you can tighten it with small set screws

Scopes does well perform for AP also

Attached Thumbnails

• M42_4 (Large).jpg

Edited by F.Meiresonne, 06 January 2020 - 03:10 PM.

• eros312 and nakiazaki like this

#35 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:16 PM

Even there was no answer to my question, I have ordered this scope from Teleskop Service. I expect to have it delivered in February, so I'll come back after that with my experiences. Clear skies!

You won't regret it..

• nakiazaki likes this

#36 nakiazaki

nakiazaki

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:34 PM

Unfortunately this scope is out of stock at TS since Autumn. Now the expected delivery date from the manufacturer is the end of March. Therefore I ended up with Altair Starwave ED-R102 which seems to be a quite similar design. It will arrive next week. I'll come back with a quick review then.

#37 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:17 PM

Indeed checked the site , TS is out of stock...very unfortunate....till march , that is long...

The  ED-R102 seems a quite similar scope indeed with also a FPL53 doublet. Hope it arrivés soon and will be a good specimen!

Edited by F.Meiresonne, 15 January 2020 - 04:21 PM.

#38 nakiazaki

nakiazaki

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 21 January 2020 - 04:07 AM

Yesterday it has arrived. It's a beauty! I was a bit lucky as there was an hour maybe just to have a quick test before the fog arrived. Unfortunately the seeing was not my friend and I had to hurry so I was just jumping from target to target. Extra aperture clearly brought slightly brighter M42 compared to 80/600 just as expected. Venus was more disk-like than in the smaller scope. No annoying color fringing, at least for my taste. I found finding the perfect focus was a bit harder, but it may have caused by poor seeing conditions as mentioned earlier.

About the OTA: it is a really nice scope, mechanical design is flawless! Sliding dewcap fits perfectly and easy to move, the matte white finish is so elegant. Serial number on the lens strenthens the feeling that it must have passed a proper QA. So bad that I was not able to make a proper test with tight double stars. Defocusing bright stars brought nice concentric rings both in and out so collimation is perfect, I did not expect anythis else on this. The focuser is a dream! I have never used a good rack and pinion style focuser, only the cheap ones plus Crayford-style on my previous ED tube and the special one on Maksutovs. It's a different thing. No accidental sliding with heavy eyepieces or camera attached, just smooth operation. It was a new thing for me that both 2" and 1.25" connection is a ring, not screws. 1.25" holds the diagonal perfectly, but using that I have to take it out from the wider one in order to properly pinch the ring. I felt pinching of the 2" ring is a bit loose, at least I felt it's still can slip out even on tightest position. It's still okay, but it would be good to tighten it a bit more.

• F.Meiresonne likes this

#39 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:31 PM

Yes nice scopes without any doubt.

The R&P if you have a good one is better then a crayford. But many years ago the R&P were not that good unless the very expensive ones. Therefore i guess there was a tendecy to crayfords.

I have a crayford on my 70 mm ED semi apo. Great thing and it can hold weigh but the R&P on my 102 mm F/7 is still the better one.

I hope you can enjoy it and i wish you clear skies!

#40 Mihai

Mihai

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Romania,Sibiu

Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:40 PM

https://www.teleskop...fo/p11924_.html

It looks like the big brother of the TS 100mm f/7 is here :)
  • SteveG and jag767 like this

#41 orion69

orion69

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Croatia

Posted 25 June 2020 - 04:49 PM

Just bought the same scope but mine looks different, looks exactly like on TS web-shop (with silver detail).  

#42 kmparsons

kmparsons

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Texas

Posted 27 June 2020 - 07:18 PM

Beautiful scope! If I could only own one telescope (Perish the thought!), it would probably be a fine 102mm f/7 refractor like this one. it will be great for just about any job you give it. 

#43 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:02 AM

True story. It is in fact a very versatile scope...good for visual, not too heavy, short, stll giving great images. For AP thesame...so just a versatile scopegrin.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics