So I finally had a chance to get the new AVX mount and ZWO 294MC outside to look at the skies. There was a lot to do and I measured success based on first could I get a polar alignment and even find stuff with the full moon. Second would I even get SharpCap to show me anything on the screen.
Equipment 8" SCT, AVX mount first time out, ZWO 294MC first time out, CPWI software to control mount first time out, SharpCap Pro first time out, Celestron Starsense and finally a home made cart to to roll it all out site.
So simply the alignment worked, CWPI works, Starsense worked, the cart is awesome and Sharpcap captured some stuff. So overall success but not so hot on Sharpcap here is were it broke down.
I have my first picture of a star that I saved, guess it was before I got it in focus. But believe me that is VEGA in the view.
Then I went to Arcturus then to M57 and tried to get the stacking and alignment in Sharpcap going. Simply stated I got m57 in the view but completely failed on getting frames to stack and align. I did stumble into turning the alignment off and then I got a stack and was able to save it. I think the save was also an accident. So simply I got it in the view, tracking with a poor alignment was acceptably for this first time out, but I am clueless on using Sharpcapmand camera settings. However, I had not really did any dry pictures with the system during the day time to get knowledge of the system for more than two months.
So here are the results from the backyard last night from the FITS files that were saved on the computer and they are very representative on what I viewed on the computer screen. Guess my next efforts are reading that manual. Note in the m57 picture there are some smudges that showed up and then I looked at the collector plate and it was full of dew, I forgot to connect the dew heaters so that was the end of the night. Also the M57 picture has elongated stars as this was a 5 stack with alignment turned off as that was the only way I could get it to stack. It just would not find stars to align on and I had no idea how to fix it. Anyway I am where I am and that is further than I was 24 hours ago.
Note I added the camera settings for the M57 green image a couple of posts down. It was 9 frames at 15 sec each for 135 total seconds with alignment of frames turned off.
Edited by goldtr8, 19 May 2019 - 12:44 PM.