•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ST80 and UHC for EAA?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:26 AM

Anyone ever use a UHC on an ST80 when doing EAA?

#2 Stargazer3236

Stargazer3236

Soyuz

• ***--
  • Loc: Waltham, MA

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:30 PM

Most broad band filters and narrow band filters require larger apertures. However, it does not mean that you won't see anything in the scope using a UHC filter. I use an Ha filter in my AT60ED APO telescope and occasionally use my UHC filter too, with my OSC (One Shot Color) camera. You can always experiment and see what it does for you. If you have a filter, by all means go out and try it. If you are asking before purchasing, I would say borrow a friends and see if you notice a difference. Light pollution filters will definitely help with light pollution and will bring out detail that you can't see with out a filter. However, with a smaller scope, you won't see a big picture in your telescope, unless you really boost up the magnification of your camera with a barlow.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics