•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter 5/19/2019

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Achernar

Achernar

Voyager 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Mobile, Alabama, USA

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:11 PM

This morning I went out to try again imaging Jupiter, and for once the seeing was not downright bad but it was still poor. Nevertheless, I started recording three minute captures in both visible light and through an Astronomik 642 nanometer infrared pass filters. Both images are stacks of 1,000 frames produced in Autostakert. Though they are not as sharp as I liked, I did find the "dyadic" mode in the Registax wavelets sometimes works very well on less than optimal quality video. As usual, I used a TeleVue 2X Barlow, Orion filter wheel, and ZWO Atmospheric Dispersion Corrector to record the original video files. After getting what I thought was enough video, I took a little time to enjoy the views of Jupiter and Saturn too before going home.

Taras

Attached Thumbnails

• jupiter_05_19_2019_visible_IR_642nm_wavelets_dyadic.jpg

Edited by Achernar, 19 May 2019 - 07:13 PM.

• Sunspot, Jeffrey C., brstars and 6 others like this

#2 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Voyager 1

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:30 PM

They're ok! waytogo.gif

The number of times we've targeted Jupiter...thought "yuk!" then swung to a star to collimate & said "forget it!" are a dime a dozen. ;)

You did well in the circumstances...

• Achernar likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics