•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Polemaster mounting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alanrock

alanrock

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:34 PM

I've just replaced my Celestron CGEM mount with a CGX-L. My Polemaster was easily mounted on the CGEM, but it's a bit more challenging on the CGX-L. I had it mounted on the top of my C9.25 with an adapter I purchased from ADM, but when I put my guide scope on top (to use my Hyperstar), there's no room for the Polemaster. Having said all that, is it critical where I mount the Polemaster? I have recently realized that if I do a good polar alignment, I don't need to bother with a Starsense Align, I can just do a Quick Align and plate solve using SGP. Soooo, can I just mount my Polemaster on the Starsense mount? The ADM bracket (Losmandy style) that the Polemaster is on fits perfectly on the mounting plate for the Starsense.

Thanks in advance, and please let me know if I've left out any critical info.

Alan

#2 MikeMiller

MikeMiller

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:40 PM

As long as it slews along with the RA axis, it doesn't matter where you put it. On my Mach1 I use the ADM adapter attached to the bottom dovetail on the OTA.

• alanrock likes this

#3 StarWolf57

StarWolf57

Viking 1

• Loc: Granada Hills (Los Angeles), CA

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:44 PM

As long as it slews along with the RA axis, it doesn't matter where you put it. On my Mach1 I use the ADM adapter attached to the bottom dovetail on the OTA.

Same here on my CGX

• MikeMiller likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics