•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

APT freezing up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stevehiebert

stevehiebert

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:15 AM

Hi I am definitely new to the field of astrophotography, I had done some testing with my D850 and APT and it worked great, now I changed cameras to a new Z7 which is supported, I played around with the camera only inside and it worked great. I also just got a zwo asi120mm guider camera, well I went out to test and configure everything today. I launched APT which was quite slow initially... and the program just froze. I restarted the computer, and everything connected really quick as I expected. I did a test shot and and it came up then tried making an adjustment and it froze again. During the time it freezes I also hear it stops tracking. It was very frustrating and I finally just packed up. Anyone have any idea as to what the problem might be?

#2 artem2

artem2

Ranger 4

• ****-
  • Loc: Österreich (no kangaroos in Austria)

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:25 AM

Hello stevehiebert

I am also APT user, and it also happens to me that APT freezes " not always only sometimes flowerred.gif " .. I just restart APT and try all over again..

Do you use the latest APT VERSION ? 

The best is to ask in APT FORUM.. the only way you could really find the reason is, when you contact the developer and provide them with some LOG-FILES..

http://aptforum.com/phpbb/

Good luck

Martin

Edited by artem2, 21 May 2019 - 02:27 AM.

#3 AhBok

AhBok

Vanguard

• Loc: Lakeland, TN

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:12 AM

I just wanted to agree with Martin that you should post this on the APT forum. Ivo, the developer of APT is extremely supportive. I’ve had two problems with APT freezing in the past. The first was caused by my USB3 hub. I have several hubs fro the cheap ones to the expensive ones and now just run My USB cables directly to my imaging laptop. Recently, I had a similar problem that I believe was from a corruption in my software. I upgraded to the latest preview version and my imaging runs of several hours have been flawless.

Ivo has been instrumental in working through issues even when they have nothing to do with his software. He always responds to me within hours.

#4 stevehiebert

stevehiebert

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:05 AM

Thank you for the replies. I will check in their forums

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics