•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Help with DSS settings for the ASI071MC, please.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gipht

Gipht

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Prescott Valley, AZ.

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:11 AM

My DSS stacks have been coming out with some strange histogram results.  These stacked results are also very overdeveloped as compared to the individual subs.  Here are the camera settings, which outside of the gain=110 and the exposure time of 2 min are all at default, I believe.  Then the histogram results are shown.  I have tried numerous settings, and tried with no calibration files, but getting the same result.  Where did I go wrong?

[ZWO ASI071MC Pro]
Pan=0
Tilt=0
Output Format=FITS files (*.fits)
Binning=1
Capture Area=4944x3284
Colour Space=RGB24
Hardware Binning=Off
Turbo USB=80(Auto)
Flip=None
Frame Rate Limit=Maximum
Gain=110
Exposure=119.998977
Timestamp Frames=Off
White Bal (B)=99
White Bal ®=60
Brightness=8
Temperature=-14.8
Cooler Power=16
Target Temperature=-15
Cooler=On
Auto Exp Max Gain=300
Auto Exp Max Exp M S=30000
Auto Exp Target Brightness=100
Mono Bin=Off
Anti Dew Heater=Off
Apply Flat=None
Subtract Dark=None
#Black Point
Display Black Point=0
#MidTone Point
Display MidTone Point=0.5
#White Point
Display White Point=1
TimeStamp=2019-05-21T03:28:36.8899517Z
SharpCapVersion=3.1.5143.0

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.JPG

#2 Mark233

Mark233

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:22 PM

I’ve never used DSS but looking through your settings the only thing that jumps out is the color space. Is this set in the driver or is this a setting in DSS? If it’s in the driver, I’ve only ever used raw 16 as the output type. Does that setting give you a color image right off the camera or is it gray? If the software isn’t properly debayering the image you can get some funky results. Your camera uses a RGGB cfa so that also needs to be set correctly.

Like I said, I’ve never used that software so I’m not sure I can be of much help but I noticed that you posted this a couple days ago and had no responses so I figured I’d jump in and at least give you something to look at. Hopefully someone will jump in here with a more informative answer. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics