•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Maxim DL Camera Error 5

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Andrewf

Andrewf

Sputnik

• topic starter
  • Loc: Missouri, USA

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:13 AM

Hello.  I recently picked up a used SBIG STF-8300m and filter wheel 8.  I've been using Maxim DL v5.08 with my older ST camera.  With the STF-8300, I get a camera Error 5 when I attempt to take an exposure.  I'm suspecting the 5.08 version of Maxim is too old for the STF camera.  Can anyone confirm this or maybe offer some advice to correct the error?  I've ran all the Driverchecker updates and both CCDOps and Maxim see the camera.

Thanks, Andy

#2 Ishtim

Ishtim

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: N. Alabama, USA

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:20 AM

Have a look here as it sounds like the issue has popped up before.  Let us know if this helps as there are other folks still using Maxim DL5. blush.gif

https://www.cloudyni...-8300m-problem/

BTW, I believe the last update for Maxim DL 5 was 5.24.  It is stable for me.

#3 *skyguy*

*skyguy*

Soyuz

• Loc: Western New York

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:31 AM

The SBIG Universal Driver Error Code 5 is .... "Bad Camera Command". I would suggest updating your Maxim DL 5  software to the latest Version 5.24 along with downloading and reinstalling the 2nd. generation universal drivers using the latest version of DriveChecker (32-bit or 64-bit as required). That should solve your problem.

The latest and last version of of Maxim DL 5 is available as a free download on their website for registered users.

Let us know if you get your camera up and running.

Good Luck with the troubleshooting .....

• psandelle likes this

#4 Andrewf

Andrewf

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:17 PM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  I'm likely going to upgrade MaxIm.  It looks like that is the logical path.  

Andy

#5 Ishtim

Ishtim

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: N. Alabama, USA

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:15 PM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  I'm likely going to upgrade MaxIm.  It looks like that is the logical path.  

Andy

Please respond with your findings. waytogo.gif

#6 Andrewf

Andrewf

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:22 PM

Please respond with your findings. waytogo.gif

Absolutely!  I learn a lot from this forum and its members.  I want to give backflowerred.gif

Andy

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics