Another update, with some photos to follow soon. Thanks to a fellow local enthusiast, the Tasco is now up and running and I had another quick observing session this morning as we had a particularly clear sky.
I now have a bunch of .965 eyepieces, some of which are nice quality Japanese manufactured units with a really nice weight to them. I also have two 2x Barlows AND a decent finder scope, all courtesy of my new contact (thanks Dave, if you're reading this).
I got some really good close views of the moon this morning - I"m keeping my targets simple for now, until I get everything set up properly - and I managed to get my first moon images with my Sony NEX-5N.
Dave helped me to collimate the Tasco properly by attaching his laser collimator to an eyepiece adapter. It was quite a way out after I reassembled everything following cleaning. He was able to get it really well aligned though, with not much effort. I can certainly see the difference good collimation makes.
I've got a few more things to do such as lubricate the mount bearings etc, clean the OTA a bit more, and of course pray for some clear skies to do more observing!