•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First Jupiter of the year

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BKMaynard

BKMaynard

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Dupo, Il. (st.louis area)

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:32 PM

Tak MT200 @f/12 ASi178mc two avi' derotated in winjupos

Attached Thumbnails

• Jup05222019-copy.jpg

• Jeffrey C., DesertRat, brstars and 6 others like this

#2 BKMaynard

BKMaynard

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Dupo, Il. (st.louis area)

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:23 PM

Hi folks. I was hoping to get some critics chime in. Aside from Jupiter being in the weeds I hear guys talk about "bad seeing" and are still cranking out some great images with scopes from 6 to 16". It seems to me the final processed images are much softer and less processed than they used to be. I think I missed something along the way, like missing a week of school and nobody brought me any homework. Any new software being used? Perhaps some refined techniques?

#3 john.brockelbank

john.brockelbank

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:08 AM

Hi B.K. nice image ,I have an image at what appears the same aspect of the planet. Mine is not as detailed as yours but was made in good seeing. I used a150mm f5 newt and a sv bony 105 camera . This year the planet is really interesting with so much going on.

The seeing is critical for a good image and Jupiter is well south this year so keep coming back to it and one night it will be amazing

keep up the good work. cheers John.42 south

Attached Thumbnails

• 3x barlw  150mm 17 5 2019 no2.jpg

• BKMaynard and Foc like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics