•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Moon Over Miami (Daytona Actually)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 geneva_min

geneva_min

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Geneva Florida

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:33 PM

The Mrs and I went to Daytona beach last weekend and I lugged along my tripod, 73mm refractor, and T6i.  I was hoping to get one of the those moonrise videos where it transits the screen set against the ocean waves.  It was a miserable failure.  I did get this moonrise pic from our hotel room though. The over-exposed moon blows out the thinner clouds so it looks like it's actually in them.  Kinda cool.

moonrise_jpg.jpg

• George Bailey, ToxMan, Billytk and 4 others like this

#2 jerahian

jerahian

Viking 1

• Loc: Maine

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:04 AM

OK, I really like this image, both in its simplicity and composition.  Having the moon and clouds not centered in the image and the glow of the moonlight off the clouds is just great.  The classic moon over the ocean videos may have been a failure, but this was a great success.  Well done!

-Ara

#3 t_image

t_image

Gemini

• -----

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:11 AM

I was hoping to get one of the those moonrise videos where it transits the screen set against the ocean waves.  It was a miserable failure.

Well thanks for providing solace to the countless number of other souls who've experienced your same situation as well!undecided.gif

And as mentioned you did come away with a cool shot anyways!

The effect and the minimalism of the open space in the framing almost tells your story.

Don't forget the 'silver lining.'lol.gif

#4 geneva_min

geneva_min

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Geneva Florida

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:41 AM

Thanks guys.  Glad you liked it.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics