•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

I just added a new version of my PixInsight Process Flow

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cfosterstars

cfosterstars

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Austin, Texas

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:05 PM

I just posted a new update to my PixInsight Process Flow on the sticky thread.

https://www.cloudyni...-3#entry9387442

As previously, I have done a full review of all sections for typos and clarity. I have update several parts of the preprocessing including registration to a single master reference and using low noise references for localnormalization. I also added a new scoring formula with variables that is much easier to use. The major changes are:

1) how to use the PSFImage script as part of deconvolution

2) a completely updated section of blending narrowband data into RGB data. This includes a detailed section on how to build a mask to isolate only the narrowband enhancements. This section is the major addition.

3) more detail for some of the final post processing

4) lots more screen captures

Feedback including suggestions, comments or errors is more than welcome.

I hope this is useful

• okiedrifter, psandelle, mike8888 and 4 others like this

#2 jerahian

jerahian

Ranger 4

• Loc: Maine

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:09 AM

I have seen your process flow before; it’s thorough and well written.  I wanted to take a moment to thank you not only for putting it together, but also for your on-going additions and modifications, as well as ensuring it is accessible for our community to benefit.

So, thank you and clear skies!

-Ara

• mike8888, 42itous1, RossW and 1 other like this

#3 cfosterstars

cfosterstars

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Austin, Texas

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:46 AM

I have seen your process flow before; it’s thorough and well written.  I wanted to take a moment to thank you not only for putting it together, but also for your on-going additions and modifications, as well as ensuring it is accessible for our community to benefit.

So, thank you and clear skies!

-Ara

Ara,

You are most welcome. I actually hope I can get some suggestions back to make it better. I still have a lot to learn to get better than average at processing. I am not that artistically talented so the processing part of AP is challenging to me more than any other part.

So if you have any suggestions for improvement, please let me know.

#4 mike8888

mike8888

Viking 1

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:31 PM

cfosters, let me echo Ara’s thanks, as I have found your process flows - and subsequent updates - to be very well detailed, helpful, and have referenced them numerous times!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics