•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SOLOMARK Monocular

accessories binoculars
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gary Riley

Gary Riley

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: White Bluff, TN

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:41 PM

I recently purchased a 12x50 monocular by SOLOMARK thru Amazon.  Tried it out tonight and I am pleased with its performance.  It has a 6.5* FOV and comfortable eye relief (approx. 17mm).  Comes with a BAK 4 prism, FMC lens, rubber coated and water proof, nitrogen filled, a quick phone holder, and a nylon carrying case all for approx. $50!  And it just weighs 1.35 lbs too.  So very easy to hold without your arm getting tired.  I have a nice pair of Pentax 10x50 binoculars that I have used over the years.  But when I became permanently blind in my left eye a few years ago (20/400 with glasses) due to chronic low eye pressure and had to have silicone oil injected into the cavity of the eye to save it, I’ve only been able to use one half of the binoculars.  So the reason for trying a monocular.  Handy for daytime viewing as well.  Will be using it regularly from now on.   Thought I would share for the sake of others who might could benefit from one.

Clear Skies!
Gary

Attached Thumbnails

• 51F0C36F-7C93-451F-B9F7-11BCCDD7E75D.jpeg

• paulsky and shredder1656 like this

#2 Foss

Foss

Viking 1

Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:05 AM

Good find on Amazon Gary. That's a lot of fun for only $50!

• Gary Riley likes this

#3 Binojunky

Binojunky

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:09 AM

This monocular is sold with several names on it, mine has the Wingspan (Polaris ) Titan logo on it, agreed its a good performer at a modest price,D.

Edited by Binojunky, 25 May 2019 - 10:14 AM.

• Gary Riley likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, binoculars

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics