•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CPWI FAILS CONNECTION MOUNT_PC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 francesco51

francesco51

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: PADOVA -ITALY

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:04 AM

Good morning

I recently installed CPWI on my PC ( Window8  64 bit) and tried connection to PC.

I have Celestron CPC 800 + Nexstar+: I did all the connections as usual ( HC to mount, RS232 male/female -USB toPC )  , I flagged HC connection on the software CPWI but it did not work.

I tried also with Starsense ( mini USB -USB )- flagged USB connection on CPWI ,and it  works-->

The fact that connection cable are setted in the right way is demonstrated by the fact the connection with STELLARIUM and Nexstar+ works perfectly.

Of course I downloaded twice the SW and reinstalled it to be sure no problem on download aand also tried with other PC with Windows7 Operative system

Did anybody experience any problem like this with CPWI ?

What do you kindly suggest me?

Thanks

Francesco

Attached Files

Edited by francesco51, 25 May 2019 - 09:46 AM.

#2 mclewis1

mclewis1

Thread Killer

• Loc: New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:48 AM

Francesco,

I think you likely you have a problem with the USB-RS232 serial adapter or it's device driver ... and not CPWI. Can you try a different brand USB-RS232 adapter?

Are you also using the Celestron HC-serial cable (Celestron #93920) or a home made version?

• tomwall likes this

#3 RazvanUnderStars

RazvanUnderStars

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Toronto, Canada

Posted 27 May 2019 - 09:25 PM

Check in your Documents\Celestron\CPWI\Logs folder for your user, there should be a CelestronComm.log file which hopefully will shed some light. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics