•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ok so it was bad seeing finally a Jupiter that looks like Jupiter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: sebastian fl

Posted 26 May 2019 - 01:28 AM

Jup_013956_AS_p50_g4_ap13_conv_2.jpg

this had me in a horible mood all day long, glad i went ut tonight

• Achernar, RedLionNJ, willian and 4 others like this

#2 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 26 May 2019 - 01:42 AM

Jup_021140_AS_p50_g4_ap13_conv_2.jpg

• Achernar, George Bailey, Lacaille and 2 others like this

#3 kevinbreen

kevinbreen

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Wexford, Ireland

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:20 AM

**** good image, Ferret.
How’s the cat?

Thanks fur posting!

#4 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:28 PM

thanks for all the likes. i want to sell the 2 in 2x powermate i was thinking 250 . i dont think i really need it the asi 224 barlow and adc seem best ill keep the 290 for lunar work. i gott a fan today from amazon i will use it tonight i lost the old one moving or its in storage but i remember fan seemed to help last time i used it i will also try shorter captures i still dont know de rotation it seems confusing

• Lacaille likes this

#5 Lacaille

Lacaille

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Canberra and Strasbourg

Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:47 PM

Hi Ferret, I was looking at your images above and thinking there might have been a bit of rotational blurring going on that could be dealt with by doing shorter captures and derotating. I am sure you can handle WinJUPOS. Darryl (K-Man) has done a really helpful tutorial document which I found invaluable for getting up to speed.

If you capture your videos with WJupos compatible file names (an option in Firecapture) it becomes much more straightforward, because WJ does the initial settings (date and time) for you based on what it sees in the file name.

The process in summary

1. Capture your videos (max 3 mins; limit the overall period for each group of videos to about 15-20 mins, e.g. 5 X 3 min videos).

2. Stack and sharpen each video.

3. Import each stacked image into WJ and do an Image Measurement on each - this creates a *.ims file for each image.

4. Do a "derotation of images" process in WJ by selecting the relevant *.ims files you have just created.

5. Take the resulting image file - a product of the files you just derotated, and do further sharpening and adjusting in say GIMP or photoshop.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics