•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

best Jupiter so far

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: sebastian fl

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:05 AM

io seemes to be camoflaugeded soe where in the neb not sure whats going on with its shadow but the rest came out ok

Jup_013036_AS_p50_g4_ap14_conv_2.jpg

• Achernar, Neptune, brstars and 13 others like this

#2 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:01 AM

Sat_035045_AS_p50_g4_ap26_conv_2.jpg

Jup_025115_AS_p50_g4_ap56_conv_2.jpg

• Achernar, Neptune, eros312 and 6 others like this

#3 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Voyager 1

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:13 AM

...Io is about 1/2" to the left of its' shadow..! ;)

I hope that's not that blasted Saturn disguised a bit that you keep on slipping into your own & everyone else's threads Ferret..! :rofl:

If it isn't it's very nice...if it is, it's lousy! :lol:

#4 troyt

troyt

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Australia

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:20 AM

First two image are good.

#5 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:40 AM

First two image are good.

last image is great aside from io being distorted you can see fine whispy details in the eq band it may look not so great due to lack of storms ie SWGRS oval or wee spot ba. iv had nothing but horiblr seeing all year the saturn is one of the worst i ever posted here

#6 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:43 AM

...Io is about 1/2" to the left of its' shadow..! wink.gif

I hope that's not that blasted Saturn disguised a bit that you keep on slipping into your own & everyone else's threads Ferret..! rofl2.gif

If it isn't it's very nice...if it is, it's lousy! lol.gif

its a saturn from tonight as you can tel by its tilt or did you forget ts clsing up again lol. i am not happy with it its the only one that came out ok. i like the fine details in the last jupiter image i shot 200 gigs tonight the seeing went from fair to some what ok  and back to fair to poor

#7 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:51 AM

...Io is about 1/2" to the left of its' shadow..! wink.gif

I hope that's not that blasted Saturn disguised a bit that you keep on slipping into your own & everyone else's threads Ferret..! rofl2.gif

If it isn't it's very nice...if it is, it's lousy! lol.gif

i think iv been over doing deconvolution heres one without it you can also se io a bit better what gave it away is io shado distortion

Jup_010657_AS_p50_g4_ap14_conv.jpg

• RedLionNJ likes this

#8 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:08 PM

i hope this post does get seen its kind of imporant that it does. I am starting to thiknk 80% of people here use an sct the rest fast bobs i have a uneque tellescope that is i dont belive theere are to many others here using a 16 f7 . it may image differently then a 16 f4.5 or an f2.5 sct with a magnifying secondary ? anyway you look at it it is a n out of ordinary scope. i amm constantly battling dew which at the point of this capture i had a nice layer over my secondary enough that after i hit it with the blow dryer i had to lower my gain and exposure hence the dark image. 

i can only image Jupiter on a 700 x 700 roi a 600 and i have issues with trying to keep jupiter in the bocx it barely fits and no i wont invest another 300 usd into another cam mine is fine i like the asi 224 a baerlow and an adc i took some pics of my screen on registaxs i dont know how to save a sreen shot and i dont want to down load any apps because i get viruses every time i do. if i over proces without hitting the de noise for every slider i yuse i get well tyou should capture more frames thousands and thousands but i CANT DO THAT WITH OUT DE ROTATION BECAUSE I CANT IMAGE JUPITER ON A 400 X 400 ROI. i onlu use 700x700 and thats for calm nights.

this image i onlly slid thee slider in deconvolution a tiny bit to much and it dstorts transit shadows and moons plus causes gibbs effect. i also just sharpened an un sharpened in as2 tiff . so the imahe brightnes is due to dew on the secondary and the frame capture is the best i will get with this set up unless some one wants to buy me another cam or donate money to by other equipment i will gladly except donations. i dont want t start another thread but i will if this does not gert seen so if you do read it and your to shy to comment at least hit the like button for the post  

and no daryl this is not the same image as what i posted last night lol   and i didnt mean to shout but im getting tired of hearing thousand and thousands of frames to get rid of noise  if you want i live in a nice part odf fl come down stay a while and check the equipment yourself 

Jup_010657_AS_p50_g4_ap14_233.jpg

Jup_010657_AS_p50_g4_ap14_2334.jpg

• eros312 and Lacaille like this

#9 kevinbreen

kevinbreen

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Wexford, Ireland

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:42 PM

Holy mackerel!!
They are great images.
Well done, Joe McFerret.

#10 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:43 PM

heres 2 full res one i think over done

AS_stack_check_settings_2.jpg

AS_stack_check_settings_2345.jpg

• Jeffrey C., KiwiRay and Lacaille like this

#11 kevinbreen

kevinbreen

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Wexford, Ireland

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:08 PM

The Saturn isn’t, upon inspection, “CN’s most posted image of Saturn”, and one of the best, to boot, imho, but man it’s a great image.

You really should appreciate how good you have it over there where you are!

I’m going to go out in an hour to waste my time capturing a vaguely striped blob, think it’s good, and in the morning delete the data because it’s bad.

That’s what I do, over and over. Check out Steve Yock’s post outlining same.

Your posts get seen as much as everyone else’s by the way. How do you think I feel? My best Jupiter was a year ago on my trusty 8SE. Now I have a C11. But the horse has bolted. It’s all downhill. Think about that. How do you think it feels to not have a hope in hell of capturing anything remotely presentable here? If your images are as bad as you lament, put them in my Square Planet Challenge thread.

What do you think about that.
  • DesertRat, phileefan and Lacaille like this

#12 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Voyager 1

Posted 27 May 2019 - 09:24 PM

Jeez, if I had enough spare bunda to throw around I'd buy you two fellas tickets...asking Pat to accommodate Ferret & The Been* down here for a few weeks with their gear...I'm getting so cut up with current sob stories..! bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif  rofl2.gif

We got home the other day to find that "Pidge" our last surviving pigeon had died while we were away...

Born Babiskac Pigeonavich (in reference to the scabby back inflicted upon him by the ravenous chooks who ate most of the baby pigeons who fell out of their nest boxes higher up in the rafters of this dual-accommodation shed) he was the last of a small flock left to us by the previous owner 15 years ago...

Born while we were here & surviving miraculously - I stitched his crop up to prevent his food & drink falling out in his childhood...his Mum & only living companion (there were quite a few dead ones buried around our place over time) died last year & he had only just found a girlfriend a couple of months ago whom we called "Beauty" who lived amongst the neighbouring feral pigeons...but she was a fantail like Pidge, white with beautiful red-brown splotches all over her...she flew down from the double storey house across the road to greet us & get some wheat, but was without her companion Pidge; I found him in his house that he had been recently enticing her to live in with him.....all to no avail now! bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif

* Despite your shonky monikas I know that you're both honest, trustworthy fellas as well as A-grade whingers - but Pat might take some convincing..! rofl2.gif

For anyone interested Pidge's service was held on Sunday after we found him...Beauty was too busy to attend, eating the wheat out the front that I threw her beforehand...his monument is a big pot full of soil to prevent the b$@@*! cat from next door digging him up. bawling.gif (I think I've just about used up my quota of bawling faces btw!)

• eros312 and phileefan like this

#13 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:36 PM

Jeez, if I had enough spare bunda to throw around I'd buy you two fellas tickets...asking Pat to accommodate Ferret & The Been* down here for a few weeks with their gear...I'm getting so cut up with current sob stories..! bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif  rofl2.gif

We got home the other day to find that "Pidge" our last surviving pigeon had died while we were away...

Born Babiskac Pigeonavich (in reference to the scabby back inflicted upon him by the ravenous chooks who ate most of the baby pigeons who fell out of their nest boxes higher up in the rafters of this dual-accommodation shed) he was the last of a small flock left to us by the previous owner 15 years ago...

Born while we were here & surviving miraculously - I stitched his crop up to prevent his food & drink falling out in his childhood...his Mum & only living companion (there were quite a few dead ones buried around our place over time) died last year & he had only just found a girlfriend a couple of months ago whom we called "Beauty" who lived amongst the neighbouring feral pigeons...but she was a fantail like Pidge, white with beautiful red-brown splotches all over her...she flew down from the double storey house across the road to greet us & get some wheat, but was without her companion Pidge; I found him in his house that he had been recently enticing her to live in with him.....all to no avail now! bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif

* Despite your shonky monikas I know that you're both honest, trustworthy fellas as well as A-grade whingers - but Pat might take some convincing..! rofl2.gif

For anyone interested Pidge's service was held on Sunday after we found him...Beauty was too busy to attend, eating the wheat out the front that I threw her beforehand...his monument is a big pot full of soil to prevent the b$@@*! cat from next door digging him up. bawling.gif (I think I've just about used up my quota of bawling faces btwy

yet no comments on the images Daryl lol

#14 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:37 PM

whats up with the SWGRS its lookin funky like it might be getting bigger

#15 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Voyager 1

Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:18 PM

yet no comments on the images Daryl lol

...have some respect Ferret - Beauty, Pat & myself are still in mourning! bawling.gif But, considering the situation I must admit it hasn't affected Beauty's appetite - she ate as much wheat yesterday as her & Pidge normally would together!

Fwiw those <"2 full res one(s)"> in Post #10 are the best imo - it's just that you are presenting them at too large a scale for me after you click on them...but then again I think all the overblown-sized images people post look slightly off..! bigshock.gif lol.gif

I appreciate the "for measuring" argument but when I look at some of the images on ALPO-Japan these days the processing work is so sloppy or I should say crude...coupled with the over-blown scaling I just think that the "measuring" argument leads to delusional attitudes & crappy images from folks who should know better...but that's just my personal view! grin.gif

• phileefan likes this

#16 phileefan

phileefan

Viking 1

• Loc: Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:38 PM

Ferret,

You're trying too hard to get comments in my opinion. smile.gif   Like others here have said before, you are more than capable of turning out GREAT images, but you can't force things! 

I haven't even had a decent chance to get out yet because of all the rain and clouds here in the NE. 

All that being said, I have to agree with Darryl in that all the larger images show quite a bit of detail, but being as large as they are just don't look that sharp on my laptop screen. I think the images in post 10 are the best. waytogo.gif

So in closing, please don't be offended by anything I said above, it was not meant that way. 

Edited by phileefan, 28 May 2019 - 08:39 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics