•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Troubleshooting a C11

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 EuropaWill

EuropaWill

Apollo

• Loc: Lower Hudson Valley NY

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:39 AM

Thanks so much for your feedback. I'm going to try tonight to see if that one screw is truly locked up.

Be really careful. I would say its only locking the mirror up if you're getting that puzzling opposite indicator that you should tighten the super tight screw and loosen the super loose screw based on the out of focus star pattern.  Also, if you have more than 1 very loose screw I wouldn't point the tube straight up at Zenith because the risk of the secondary falling onto your primary and destroying the scope is much greater in that orientation. 

• Orion68 likes this

#27 Orion68

Orion68

Vostok 1

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:11 PM

Be really careful. I would say its only locking the mirror up if you're getting that puzzling opposite indicator that you should tighten the super tight screw and loosen the super loose screw based on the out of focus star pattern.  Also, if you have more than 1 very loose screw I wouldn't point the tube straight up at Zenith because the risk of the secondary falling onto your primary and destroying the scope is much greater in that orientation. 

Will be very careful, thanks.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics