•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Optolong L-eNhance filter pre-ordered!

accessories
  • Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#101 elmiko

elmiko

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Arizona

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:13 PM

Awesome image!! Very nicely processed. Please elaborate on the sub time and amount.

Thanks, Mike

#102 mxcoppell

mxcoppell

Viking 1

• Loc: Coppell, Texas

Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:42 PM

Yes the best light pollution filter is the limb of the earth.  Our astronomy club has a dark site in Oklahoma about 90 miles north of my house.  That's were I go to capture reflection nebula and galaxies.  I can do pretty good work from my backyard on emission nebulae.  Here is the Lagoon from Bortle 8-9 Plano, Texas captured with the L-eNhance filter on my ZWOASI294MC camera.  I don't think I could have done much better from the dark site.

attachicon.gif M08_07_24_19_HOO_linear_PI (comp).jpg

Very impressive. See you at Atoka one day!

#103 telfish

telfish

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Adirondack Mountains NY

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:53 PM

I Recently started imaging with this filter using a ASI071 on a 3.9 8 inch newt. I am finding with 300 sec exposures at unity gain I am having issues stacking subs in PI and APP. Not sure why this is as I live in bortle 3 skies. The subs look good and seem to have plenty of tight stars.

#104 Mert

Mert

Cosmos

• Loc: Spain, Pamplona

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:42 PM

Simply beautiful!!

#105 Zebenelgenubi

Zebenelgenubi

Messenger

• Loc: Texas, USA

Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:32 PM

Awesome image!! Very nicely processed. Please elaborate on the sub time and amount.

Thanks, Mike

Mike,

The Lagoon image was captured with 45-120s sub frames.  For this bright nebula the red channel (Ha) was very strong compared to the other two channels.  To balance things out a bit I first extracted monochrome images from the three color channels and stretched them independently to try to balance the strong red (Ha) channel.  I then recombined the color channels to make this image.  That trick works a bit like taking different exposure lengths with filters and a monochrome camera, something you cannot do with a OSC camera.  I find it works on bright nebula and sometimes on weaker targets.

• elmiko and mxcoppell like this

#106 elmiko

elmiko

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Arizona

Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:51 PM

Interesting, thanks for the reply!

Mike

#107 mxcoppell

mxcoppell

Viking 1

• Loc: Coppell, Texas

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:22 AM

Reporting back my first-light experience with l-eNhance under full moon and my white zone backyard.

Indeed no halo at all!

I tested it on the QHY168c. But got some nasty red/blue pixels that I need to get rid of (welcome any suggestions, I am using APP for stacking).

WechatIMG138.jpeg

To see the red/blue hot pixels, click here:  https://drive.google...iLRY8VLUOl/view

Very happy with the filter for sure.

Edited by mxcoppell, 19 August 2019 - 11:24 AM.

• elmiko likes this

#108 killianmoore

killianmoore

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: New York City

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:29 PM

Wow some awesome images on this thread. I just received mine today and can't wait to try it out. I am currently using a CLS-CCD filter on my scope combined with my D810A. Should I remove the CLs before imaging or I should piggy back on to it?

#109 telfish

telfish

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Adirondack Mountains NY

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:34 PM

Wow some awesome images on this thread. I just received mine today and can't wait to try it out. I am currently using a CLS-CCD filter on my scope combined with my D810A. Should I remove the CLs before imaging or I should piggy back on to it?

Remove it.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics