•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New images

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Michal1

Michal1

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Czech Republic, Central Europe

Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:26 PM

Given my lack of time in the last months, I will do the minimum and send you a link to my newest images:

https://www.astro.cz...lek/Pentax 6x7/

If you have questions, I will do my best to answer.

• Todd N and telesonic like this

#2 Nightfly

Nightfly

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Dark Skies, Maine

Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:51 PM

You've been busy Michal.  I especially like the Cassiopeia shot with the 200 SMC.  Really nice long exposures.  Many hours of work on display here.

How's the E200 holding up?  Do you feel its losing recording power?  I suspect a 1/3 stop loss in my old frozen stock, and a bit more magenta cast.

Jim

#3 Michal1

Michal1

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Czech Republic, Central Europe

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:27 PM

Hi Nightfly! Yes, I can still find as much time for shooting as years ago. The difficult parts are finding time for processing and posting the results here. If there is any interest, I could eventually manage to share the raw scans and let the others process them.

Glad that you asked about the Cassiopeia image. It was taken under the rare conditions when my usual observing place appeared above the inversion layer. The low clouds covered the sources of light pollution in the vicinity. It was a nice night that I made use for shooting this nice constellation. I still have landscape photos from that night that wait for development.

About E200 aging, you can compare the new Cassiopeia (year 2017 if I remember well)

https://www.astro.cz...00comb.jpg.html

to the Cassiopeia from 2010:

https://www.astro.cz...x7/cas.jpg.html

The contrast and sensitivity of the film were definitely better before the expiration in 2010. Then a sudden drop happened. It doesn't have to be just because of the aging of the film. It can have something to do with the development service. I had to change the development lab several times and I heard that expired development chemicals are usually used because of the much higher prices of the new ones. I noted that the magenta cast depended on the development lab. Interestingly, the photos have a different cast according to what lens I used. The 200mm produces a magenta cast, 105mm more brown and 55mm blue. I think that this is because the reciprocity failure depends on color and because different light fluxes go through different lenses.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics