•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

my first attempt at live view and stacking...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eMKay

eMKay

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Buffalo, NY

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:14 AM

I did part of the moon, and then Jupiter. Jupiter of course was very low in the sky so the conditions weren't great, the video looked nothing like what my eye could see, it looked fuzzy with bands and the spot barely visible, and it was dancing. but after watching a short tutorial on how to use registax, the details popped out, even more so than what I was seeing with my on Jupiter, less so on the moon.

Jupiter01061219.jpg

moonstack03.jpg

• zjc26138, GlenM, t_image and 2 others like this

#2 44maurer

44maurer

Ranger 4

• Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:51 PM

Very good 1st attempt. There is a member here who put put a series of YouTube videos that does a great job, https://m.youtube.co...4451&feature=iv

It’s well worth the time.

Edited by 44maurer, 12 June 2019 - 01:51 PM.

#3 eMKay

eMKay

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Buffalo, NY

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, thanks for the links, after doing all this I didn’t even think about using a Barlow. I just tried it and don’t have enough back focus, need an extension tube. It never ends, ordered a bahtinov mask today. I fear that this hobby is going to get very expensive. Triplet APO, GoTo Mount, autoguider, dedicated cameras, etc...

I’m going to try some deep sky stuff with my ST80 first though, see if I can even do it, a lot to learn. 

Edited by eMKay, 12 June 2019 - 05:18 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics