•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Another Example of Cloudy Nights' Magnanimity

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dynan

Dynan

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: NOLA

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:56 AM

--- A personal message, unsolicited from Ivo Jager, Creator of Star Tools:

Hi,

I happened on a post in MHamburg's "Finally a Break" thread, where you say you're having trouble with StarTools.

(INSERT: The thread Ivo mentions is this one: https://www.cloudyni.../#entry9427488)

If there's any way I can help, let me know! There is a new Links & Tutorials section on the website, as well as a new video titled "A simple processing workflow with imperfect real-world data".

If you are stuck, I'd also be more than happy to do a personalized tutorial with your own data (just share through Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.); everyone's data and circumstances are different.

Hope this helps at all & wishing you clears skies!

Ivo Jager / StarTools

Me:

Just bow.gif

When I next have an opportunity (with good data) to try and process, I will head to the tutorials you link.

I cannot express how impressed I am with your personalized offer. I would never take advantage of that (using this invitation versus doing my homework).

Again, Thank You so much and I'll be in touch either for your help or to sing Star Tools praises!

Dan

Ivo:

No problem Dan - the offer stands; here to help!

Clear skies!

Ivo

Me:

Ivo,

This was such a heartfelt and beneficent offer. Can I please share this PM with the rest of CN? (I don't want you overwhelmed with help requests, which is why I ask.)

Dan

Ivo:

Sure Dan - I'd rather be overwhelmed with help requests than people getting frustrated with the software (or worse - the hobby). AP is meant to be fun and rewarding.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It is help, attitudes, and empathy like this that make CN such a glorious place for astronomers of all talents... I am truly blown away...bow.gif

How's THAT for assistance? Fellow Newbies, we're at the right place!

CLEAR SKIES!

• siriusandthepup, mclewis1, gregj888 and 11 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics