•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Nexus DSC - Shockingly good support

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TiSaph

TiSaph

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:39 AM

Yesterday I received my highly-anticipated Nexus DSC and encoder kit for GSOs dobs.  I immediately set about installation.  I hit a snag fairly quickly on putting the central pivot bolt in the base, and I thought maybe the base had changed since the kit was designed.  I sent an email off to Astro Devices and went to work on other things.

Imagine my surprise 5 minutes later when my phone rang, and it was Serge from Astro Devices!  He knew exactly what my misunderstanding was, and then proceeded to make sure the other steps were all clear.  I was able to continue on and install the encoders in about 30 minutes, getting the system completely set up in way less time than I had expected!  I had heard Nexus had good support, but that was unreal.

By the way, installation of the Astro Devices encoders on a GSO dob like my Zhumell Z8 is extremely easy.  The impact is very low, with no exposed fragile parts.  I'm very happy with the setup.

• Doug Culbertson, havasman and Gipht like this

#2 Bundter

Bundter

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Walnut Creek, California

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:19 AM

I experienced the same exceptional support from Serge just last week.  I encountered a perplexing problem with a Nexus DSC firmware update and sent Astro Devices Support an email for guidance.  Within ~5 minutes, Serge called me, spending ~10 minutes with me to diagnose the problem and suggest steps to clear it.  In my view, this is an impressive level of personalized user support.  Thank you Serge.

• havasman likes this

#3 Allan Wade

Allan Wade

Soyuz

• Loc: Newcastle, Australia

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:47 AM

Yes Serge is an absolute champion, and I know he is driven to make the Nexus DSC as good as it can possibly be.

#4 havasman

havasman

Cosmos

• ****-
  • Loc: Dallas, Texas

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:50 AM

He holds himself to a remarkable standard. Really nice guy too.

The best part of the whole thing will be when you start using it. I got an email yesterday from a friend who put a unit on his brand new scope and he remarked on how pleasant it was to use his favorite 6mm eyepiece all night. The next object was always in the field when he looked.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics