•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Finally Got My Moon Fix!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 REC

REC

Voyager 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: NC

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:36 AM

Seems like it been months since I had a good night on the Moon through my BV? Finally had a break in the clouds and took out my C102, WO and Brandon16's. These work wonderful on the moon. At 63x I had the moon just right to frame the whole disc with a little room to spare. Sharp, contrasty views where had. I enjoyed watching some of the "little lights" form inside some of the craters that where not fully illuminated yet. Had to be seeing the tops of the rims. I was in and out for about two hours before the clouds moved in. So calming and comfortable to use two eyes:)

• EverlastingSky, denis0007dl, Bob4BVM and 3 others like this

#2 Bob4BVM

Bob4BVM

Surveyor 1

• Loc: W. Oregon

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:32 PM

I too have been enjoying the moon of late.

Was running my smaller 2" B&L BVer with the Nikon 7-21 zooms in the 8" SCT, you are right, SO Nice !

Just love the zooms for old Luna !

I also have a confession to make here... recently got my 17.5 Dob back together for testing pri cells and other parts for the binoscope project... Since the Q-1 moon has taken over the sky, I have a time or two ( or 4!) turned the big Dob on Luna.  Guess it has been so long that I forgot the lunar detail that kind of aperture brings to the tale. Wow.  Yeah it's only a mono-view, but with the BHZ and a barlow I can cruise around pushing 600X, and the image is still plenty bright & crisp.  Can't wait to do that with TWO 17.5's side by side !   Never have gotten a BVer to reach focus in the big guy

CS

Bob 

#3 REC

REC

Voyager 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: NC

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:41 AM

I too have been enjoying the moon of late.

Was running my smaller 2" B&L BVer with the Nikon 7-21 zooms in the 8" SCT, you are right, SO Nice !

Just love the zooms for old Luna !

I also have a confession to make here... recently got my 17.5 Dob back together for testing pri cells and other parts for the binoscope project... Since the Q-1 moon has taken over the sky, I have a time or two ( or 4!) turned the big Dob on Luna.  Guess it has been so long that I forgot the lunar detail that kind of aperture brings to the tale. Wow.  Yeah it's only a mono-view, but with the BHZ and a barlow I can cruise around pushing 600X, and the image is still plenty bright & crisp.  Can't wait to do that with TWO 17.5's side by side !   Never have gotten a BVer to reach focus in the big guy

CS

Bob 

You might want to look for a used Denkmier II BV. It comes with and OCS that will work with your 17" Dob.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics